Frequently Asked Questions: What you need to know about #CAREgaming
What is #CAREgaming?
There are over three billion gamers around the world, and many want to leverage their community of followers to bring awareness of global crises and to help those struggling with poverty, hunger and conflict. CARE is so thankful to the amazing streamers and gamers who have raised close to $3 million to save lives, defeat poverty, achieve social justice, and fight for women and girls.
How have gamers and streamers helped save lives with their communities?
Every day streamers go live on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and other platforms to talk to viewers while playing a game, reviewing content from others or even hosting a tournament. This presents a unique opportunity to talk about charitable causes that are important to the streamer. By using fundraising tools like Softgiving and Tiltify you can easily turn your stream into a charity event for all their viewers. It’s simple and easy and provides a way to help others in need.
Which platforms does #CAREgaming use?
Currently #CAREgaming partners with Softgiving and uses Tiltify in fundraising efforts to support initiatives.
Does #CAREgaming work with Esports/Gaming organizations?
Yes. Esports/Gaming organizations are an integral part of the program. The most common way is by naming CARE as the charitable partner in your tournament. Have another idea? We’d love to hear about it. Please contact us by reaching out to Ant. Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don’t compete, but I love gaming! How can I help?
You can make a difference in several ways. If you are streaming or vlogging, you can use a partner like Softgiving to add a fundraising component to your stream. Softgiving is a free-to-use online fundraising platform that seamlessly integrates into any livestream platform. Anyone, at any time, can create a campaign for their favorite charity. You can get started here.
What types of campaigns could I fundraise around?
You can fundraise around any of your content. A few ideas are:
- Emergency Response. We never know where disasters will strike. Our disaster relief efforts are always ready. Your support makes this lifesaving work possible.
- Celebration. Instead of gifts this year, start a birthday, graduation or other special occasion fundraiser.
- Fitness. Help raise money while tracking your fitness progress and goals.
- Just Because. Are you passionate about the work CARE does? You can fundraise anytime you are streaming!
Where do donations go? How does CARE receive their donations?
- CARE’s premiere partner is Softgiving and they provide the fundraising platform for the stream. However, Softgiving does not receive or handle any of the donations – all donations are processed through the Givinga Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization. Givinga then distributes the donations to CARE.
- If you are using Tiltify for your fundraising stream, 100% of the donation is then sent directly to CARE in real-time.
If you have any questions, please contact Ant. Mathis at email@example.com.